Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thoughts. Maybe I'm an Asshole.

by Michael Mintz

If you have the choice to walk into a pile of fly infested green mushy cow poop, black sewage water, florescent green effluent water, a puddle of random yet degrading gobs of what seem to be garbage and smells like the sewer, or unknown animal/human feces, which do you pick? That's the daily decision I had to make going to work...

Am I an asshole if a bum comes up to me and asks for money because he is missing an arm but I don't see a man missing an arm but instead a man with two legs and an arm? In Bangladesh it got so bad that beggars would come up to me and I would look at them and realize that the guy before only had one leg with three toes on it, this guy has more than 7 digits combined on his two assorted yet crippled limbs, he is not worth any charity... am I an asshole or is right to play beggar comparisons when looking at people asking for money? So you're missing both your legs but it looks like your hand works... Sorry no money. You're totally blind and deaf? Maybe that's why you sing so bad. You're blind but you look a little fat to me...

I got fired from my job on Tuesday for reporting to an incoming boss that the other guy I worked with got fired on Monday and we were having serious problems. I was going to quit but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment